The state requires new home applications to be submitted to them and then it is approved by local inspectors. They require the on-site contractor to be licensed and at least one crew member to hold a Dwelling Contractor Qualifier license.  You will also need the license numbers for your electrician, your plumber and HVAC installer.

Prior to working on this form get your sanitary permit from the Village.

 There is a place to enter that permit number on this form. 

After obtaining the above permits you can proceed to make an application for the local building permit.

Note: Permits are also required for manufactured homes that were once called mobil homes,  single or double wide homes..

CLICK HERE to get started on new home application

After you have completed the electronic form you will need to do the following:

1.  Send a check made out to Tom Smith Inspections LLC for the permit fee.

2.  Ask your HVAV installer to provide the “Res Check Form” to me.  They will know about this requirement and provide it as part of your installation. 

      The company or you can send to me in paper form or as an email with attached PDF file. 

3.  Send one copy of your building plan. It can be sent in paper form, or a computer version sent to me by email attached or PDF file. 

4. My files are all  identified by street address so be sure to include that on any correspondence .

Permit Fee for Dwelling Permit

Homes to 1499 sq. ft.  ——— $ 518

1500 to 1999 sq. ft.  —————$ 543

2000 sq. ft. to 3000 sq. ft.  —- $ 568    

over 3000 sq. ft. —— $  568  plus 20 cents a sq. ft  for footage over 3000.

Duplex  —- add $ 25

Permit Fee for Manufactured Home Construction

Homes to 1499 sq. ft.  ——— $ 360

1500 to 1999 sq. ft.  —————$ 376

2000 sq. ft. to 3000 sq. ft.  —- $ 393    

over 3000 sq. ft. —— $  393 plus 20 cents a sq. ft  for footage over 3000.

Duplex  —- add $ 25

I only issue permits for new or relocated dwellings as you must be state licensed to issue such permits.

 All other local permits are issued by your Village