Sanitary permits are not included by these local fees.  You need to get that permit from Oconto County. 

County Land Use and Zoning Permit is not covered by this application.       Call 920-834-6827 for more information.

After obtaining the above permits you can proceed to make an application for the local building permit.

Note: Permits are now required for manufactured homes that were once called mobil homes,  single or double wide homes..


CLICK HERE to get started on new home application

After you have completed the electronic form you will need to do the following:

1.  Send a check made out to Tom Smith Inspections LLC for the permit fee.

2.  Ask your HVAV installer to provide the “Res Check Form” to me.  They will know about this requirement and provide it as part of your installation. 

      The company or you can send to me in paper form or as an email with attached PDF file. 

3.  Send one copy of your building plan. It can be sent in paper form, or a computer version sent to me by email attached or PDF file. 

4. My files are all  identified by street address so be sure to include that on any correspondence .

Permit Fee for Dwelling Permit

Homes to 1499 sq. ft.  ——— $ 518    

1500 to 1999 sq. ft.  —————$ 543

2000 sq. ft. to 3000 sq. ft.  —- $ 568    

over 3000 sq. ft. —— $ 568 plus 20 cents a sq. ft  for footage over 3000.

Duplex  —- add $ 25

Permit Fee for Manufactured Home Construction

Homes to 1499 sq. ft.  ——— $ 401    

1500 to 1999 sq. ft.  —————$ 418

2000 sq. ft. to 3000 sq. ft.  —- $ 435    

over 3000 sq. ft. —— $ 435 plus 13 cents a sq. ft  for footage over 3000.

Duplex  —- add $ 25

For other things that require permits use the following short form. See below for fee.

Click here to get short form.

Permit Fee for accessory buildings

Under 600 sq. ft.——No permit required

601 sq. ft  to 750 sq. ft. ——$ 60

750 sq. ft. and larger  ——$ 90

Special electrical inspection not associated with a building permit but might be requested  by owner or utility .     Fee $30

Dwelling Additions :  

Fee $100 plus  20 cent a square foot over 600.

Structural remodeling:

Decks above 2 feet of grade

Town does not have me issue a permit for these projects.

Address numbers and culvert permits  are obtained from your local Town government.  

 Owners are responsible to for compliance with set back rules for structures.