The state requires new home applications to be submitted to them and then it is approved by local inspectors. They require the on-site contractor to be licensed and at least one crew member to hold a Dwelling Contractor Qualifier license.  You will also need the license numbers for your electrician, your plumber and HVAC installer.

Prior to working on this form get your sanitary permit from the county. There is a place to enter that permit number on this form. 

Also get a land use / zoning permit and be sure to enter those permit numbers on the state form.

 Oconto County Land Use and Zoning Permit is not covered by this application.       Call 920-834-6827 for more information.

After obtaining the above permits you can proceed to make an application for the local building permit.

Note: Permits are now required for manufactured homes that were once called mobil homes,  single or double wide homes..

CLICK HERE to get started on new home application

After you have completed the electronic form you will need to do the following:

1.  Send a check made out to Tom Smith Inspections LLC for the permit fee.

2.  Ask your HVAV installer to provide the “Res Check Form” to me.  They will know about this requirement and provide it as part of your installation. 

      The company or you can send to me in paper form or as an email with attached PDF file. 

3.  Send one copy of your building plan. It can be sent in paper form, or a computer version sent to me by email attached or PDF file. 

4. My files are all  identified by street address so be sure to include that on any correspondence .

Permit Fee for Dwelling Permit

Homes to 1499 sq. ft.  ——— $ 493    

1500 to 1999 sq. ft.  —————$ 518

2000 sq. ft. to 3000 sq. ft.  —- $ 543    

over 3000 sq. ft. —— $ 543 plus 20 cents a sq. ft  for footage over 3000.

Duplex  —- add $ 25

Permit Fee for Manufactured Home Construction

Homes to 1499 sq. ft.  ——— $343    

1500 to 1999 sq. ft.  —————$ 358

2000 sq. ft. to 3000 sq. ft.  —- $ 378    

over 3000 sq. ft. —— $ 378 plus 13 cents a sq. ft  for footage over 3000.

Duplex  —- add $ 25

For other things that require permits use the following short form. See below for fee.

Click here to get short form.

Permit Fee for accessory buildings

Under 200 sq. ft.—— NO permit required

201 to 750 sq. ft. ——$ 60

750 sq. ft. and larger ——-$ 90

Special electrical inspection not associated with a building permit but might be requested  by owner or utility .     Fee $30

Dwelling Additions :  

Fee $100 plus  20 cent a square foot over 600.

Structural remodeling:

No permit required

Decks above 2 feet of grade

No permit required

Address numbers and culvert permits  are obtained from your local Town government.  

 Owners are responsible to for compliance with set back rules for structures.